On Saturday, our good friends, the McBrides came up from North Carolina for a visit. We had a blast with them too. We went to Williamsburg. Besides the fact that it felt 30 degrees warmer than I expected, it was a great little trip. Our highlight was eating lunch in the basement of a tavern. This man came hobbling slowly down the stairs, and was bantering to us the whole time we were eating. He was supposed to be the owner of the tavern and was all dressed in character and speaking as if we lived in the colonial era. We learned from him that they don't have outhouses, merely "parlors of creativity". Henceforth, it shall be known as that. He did not break character once, it was impressive.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Visitors and the Parlor of Creativity
We have had a busy, but fun week. We started out by having my old roomie, Natalie, and her husband, Keith, come visit us for a few hours last Sunday. We wish we could have seen them longer, but that was the only day we were both in town at the same time. It was fun to catch up with them. I actually learned more about all of Natalie's romances from Keith than when Natalie and I were roommates. She was more secretive when it was all going on, so it was very funny and very enlightening! Thanks Morgans for making the drive out to see us. We had so much fun with you!!

On Saturday, our good friends, the McBrides came up from North Carolina for a visit. We had a blast with them too. We went to Williamsburg. Besides the fact that it felt 30 degrees warmer than I expected, it was a great little trip. Our highlight was eating lunch in the basement of a tavern. This man came hobbling slowly down the stairs, and was bantering to us the whole time we were eating. He was supposed to be the owner of the tavern and was all dressed in character and speaking as if we lived in the colonial era. We learned from him that they don't have outhouses, merely "parlors of creativity". Henceforth, it shall be known as that. He did not break character once, it was impressive.



On Saturday, our good friends, the McBrides came up from North Carolina for a visit. We had a blast with them too. We went to Williamsburg. Besides the fact that it felt 30 degrees warmer than I expected, it was a great little trip. Our highlight was eating lunch in the basement of a tavern. This man came hobbling slowly down the stairs, and was bantering to us the whole time we were eating. He was supposed to be the owner of the tavern and was all dressed in character and speaking as if we lived in the colonial era. We learned from him that they don't have outhouses, merely "parlors of creativity". Henceforth, it shall be known as that. He did not break character once, it was impressive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
The Nelsons are going to have to come visit the Hutchisons so we can make it onto the blog. Hope you guys are loving Virginia!
you guys are getting pretty good at the self-timer :)
looks like you had a fun weekend!
how fun! me and brian love williamsburg!
You're going to be visitor-ed out by the time we get there next month! Will you still want to see us? :)
What a great name! We always called it the porcelain throne :)
I love that the old guy stays in character. Sounds like you guys have had a fun time seeing all you visitors. OOh and how fun that you will get to see Amy. I'm glad that you are having a good time out there.
We've always called it the "CR" which is Filipino for comfort room when translated into English. I sure like PC better. It sure sounds like you guys are having fun!
Katie! It's Janine! I found your blog through Kathryn's. I remember now that you were moving to VA, and I never welcomed you! :) How do you like it so far? Let me know if you are ever in the DC area!
nate and I have the same picture in the stocks together! PS- I found your blog. Hope you don't mind!
Post a Comment