Friday, August 03, 2007

BYU Women's Football Camp

I just experienced one of the best nights of my life at the BYU Women's Football Clinic. I went with Julie and her sister, Amy. We had a blast and a half! There were about 400 other women attending. First we met the coaches, and players and had a panel discussion with them. Julie asked a question and was interviewed on "The Mountain" because of it. Then they took us out to the stadium and showed us a thing or two. After that, we got to do a bunch of drills with the players and coaches. Everyone had a blast-players and coaches included!! Julie, Amy, and I decided this is a new tradition that we want to keep up every year. Anyone else is welcome to join us next year!! It really got us pumped up for the season and turned us into even bigger BYU fans!!


Here we are with Coach Bronco Mendenhall. You almost can't recognize him with that big old smile on his face. Too bad he was TC to put his arm around me too. I'm not offended!
Here's a rather hideous picture, but hey, it's me and Fui Vakapuna!!

Julie, Amy, and I flexing our huge football muscles in between drills. Yes, we played on LaVell Edwards stadium and it was awesome!
This is me doing one of the drills. We didn't hear what we were doing this for. All we knew was to crouch down and run backwards. Would you look at me go.

6 comments:

Holly said...

You're such a babe. Jason told me about the camp and wished I could have gone. I needed it! You girls are just so cute!

Elissa said...

Katie, you look so cute! It looks like you had a good time. What a fun thing to do.

Mandy said...

WHAT A BLAST!! Man, that must have been so much fun. That would be a great tradition to do every year!

Mandy said...

Wait a second....is that picture of you and Andrew on the left side of the page a picture of you petting a real tiger?....ummmmmmmm

Julie Knowlton said...

BEST NIGHT EVER!!
P.S. I love your new blog design! :)

ashley said...

Katie! I am so jealous! The pics look great and it sounds like you had a blast. I'm there with you the next time I'm not in the middle of moving to Texas... :) We love you guys and miss you!