Thursday, June 23, 2011

Utah Trip Part 2

Charlie and I ventured off to UT sans Andrew. I was definitely nervous to fly alone with Sir Charles. He did pretty well but we had a couple of rough hours being really late at night, or early morning flights. The main purpose of this trip was to see my parents get set apart and to hear them speak at church.
 The setting apart was a really sweet experience. Elder Holland set my dad apart. It was so fun to be able to chat with him for a little bit. He is such a jolly and kind man. Elder C. Scott Grow set my mom apart (he spoke in the last General Conference). It was amazing to be there with most of my family. We really missed Andrew, Sarah, and Carson.
Reading with Grandpa (Hutchison)

Silly Uncle Connor and his eukelele with Tyler, Ella, and cute Aunt Kim

Charlie's new "Blinky Face"
Yum, yum


Going swimming


Clarks + some extended family (Rohlfings)

Only photo of the Clarks and we all had issues with the wind and keeping our eyes open

Deb (Andrew's mom) was so nice to come and support my fam. Took the long drive to Midway.

The Clarks minus our missionaries (Carson and Sarah), and Andrew

4 comments:

Jackie said...

What an amazing experience! I'm so excited for you parents. Do they plan on sending their children's friends souvenirs? I sure hope so. :)

Nate and Kim said...

We sure had a fun time seeing you guys! We can't wait until we can see you next. Charlie sure is a sweetheart!

Natalie said...

Oohh I can totally relate to the closed-eye-picture disease. It runs in my family too.

Thanks for posting the roomie pictures. It was so fun to see you and Sarah. Just wish it could have been a little bit longer. Let me know when you guys are going to be back in Utah again. I'll be there for my little sister's wedding in August. Hopefully we'll see you again then!

Dallings said...

It was fun to talk to you briefly. Wow that trip sounded amazing. What a great spiritual experience and they hadn't even left yet. I adore Elder Holland. I'm glad you could have that family time. By the way you looked gret in that scarf lady.