Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nana Clark, Nana Deb, and 1 Week old

I was so grateful to have my mom come out and help after Charlie's delivery. She didn't realize that she would be stuck doing all the heavy lifting and bending for me. She was a real trooper and a great help. It was also so nice to have her company. It was especially sad to see her go. Next time she sees Charlie he will look so different. Babies change so much in 3 months. Now we are lucky enough to have Deb (Andrew's mom) with us. We have been spoiled rotten by both moms making us dinner, cleaning for us, running errands, organizing the kitchen, and taking Charlie part of the night so we can sleep. It has been wonderful.
We can't believe Charlie is over a week old. We think he gets cuter and cuter. We have learned that he HATES cold air on him so any diaper or clothing change is quite traumatic. He is super strong and can hold his head up. He was doing that in the hospital when we would hold him on our chests. Such brute strength in such a tiny baby. He lost a pound in the hospital but is now almost back up to birth weight. We love him and are so happy to have him in the family.

He loves to have his hands up by his face, but it is especially confusing for him during feeding.
Charlie and Nana Deb

We almost captured his smile on camera. I promise he really does smile-not gas induced.

Charlie and his cute daddy

Charlie and Nana Clark

5 comments:

Nate and Kim said...

Oh Katie, I am so in love with this little Charlie. I have got to come out or something because Christmas just seems too far away before meeting him. I can't get over how darling he is.

Jackie said...

I love him. I truly do.

Enjoy the time with the moms!

Halfords said...

I can't get enough of all that dark hair!! It's so cute!

Amy D said...

Oh what a sweet (and loved!) little boy. He is the cutest little guy! I just want to snuggle him.

joshandemily said...

I agree about him getting cuter and cuter. Can't wait to come squeeze him again.