Thursday, September 30, 2010

4 Weeks Ago....

Ok, so it was 4 weeks and 2 days ago when we went from this: to this: (9 hours later)

That made me realize I never posted Charlie's "Birth Story". Stop reading here if you don't care to read the details. I'll try and give the brief version. Monday night I started having contractions. They were coming about every 5 minutes, but were not lasting a minute each. By 4am they stopped and we moved on with life. Around noon they started up again, but I was sick of laying around the house. So Andrew and I ran a few errands and I kept having contractions while we were out. They were lasting about a minute each this time, but I didn't think they were very intense. Andrew convinced me to at least call the Dr's office before they closed. So I did and they told me we better head over to the hospital. I was so sure they were going to send us home (even though I was already 3 days overdue). We got to the hospital at 5:30 and I was told I wouldn't be going home. I was dilated to a 3. Then at 7:30 I was dilated to a 5 and decided I would give the epidural a try. It was heaven sent. At 8:30 my water broke and then by 10:30 the nurse looked at me and said, "It's pushing time". I could not believe it. I was expecting to be in labor for 12 or more hours. SO I pushed for about 3 hours. Then the doctor said I had a fever and was swelling. It just wasn't safe for me or the baby to push anymore and that I would need a C-Section. I was devastated. That is the 1 thing I did not EVER want, but it happened. At 2:05am I delivered a beautiful, healthy baby boy. Andrew and I have been so happy and maybe a little more tired than ever. We can't believe how different and wonderful our life is since 4 weeks ago.

1 comment:

Andrea Hatch said...

Pushing for 3 hours?! Omigosh, I would die. And I'm so sorry you had to end up with a c-section after all of that! C-sections SUCK! I hope you're feeling better by now.