Saturday, March 01, 2008

My Toy

I have been trying to get back into better running shape for years now. For my last birthday, Andrew got me a Nike ipod. I am loving this toy. There is a sensor you put in your shoe (shown below-you're supposed to have special Nike shoes with an insert, but I just tape my in) and a piece you plug into your ipod. You calibrate it and it tracks your pace and distance as you run. It links up to a website and keeps track of all of your runs, you can set goals on it. It really is helping me to get motivated and become a runner (not a jogger, right Tarah!) again. I've got a ways to go, but I'm doing better than I have in a long time. I'm not going to lie, it feels pretty dang good.
One of my favorite things about my toy, is that when you set a new record for distance or fastest mile Lance Armstrong comes on and says "This is Lance Armstrong. Congratulations, you have just set a new personal best..." Thanks Lance, you inspire me. I want to run faster and longer just to hear your sweet voice congratulating me!

9 comments:

Julie Knowlton said...

Oh, Katie. Just like Lance, I am so proud of you.

Amy D said...

Very cool! And yes, you are a VERY fast runner. I know, because I tried to keep up with you once!

Kathryn Lichfield said...

Hey Katie! It's been forever! I'm glad that you guys have other e-distractions other than facebook! I'm working on doing a triathlon in May...would you want to do one? Check out our blog at lichfieldlife.blogspot.com
Hope you're doing well!

Drew and Tarah said...

Those ipods are so cool, I would love one!! Good job with the running!

ashley said...

what a fabulous invention! spencer wants to get one... do you know if it holds more than one person's info? and i LOVE that Lance talks to you! talk about inspiring. :) hope you guys are doing well! we miss you!

Karlee Turner said...

Katie you just inspired me to start using mine! Travis got it for me last year, but I always forgot to calibrate it before I went running. I really shouldn't just let it sit there :) So how are you my dear? I haven't seen you forever and I miss you!

Nate said...

Way to go Katie! Keep it up someday I will be a runner again. You are my inspiration.

kell-bell said...

Yay, i'm waiting for you to challenge me to a run-off! Although, I don't think I could beat you, running on a treadmill feels twice as long!

Andrea Hatch said...

That's awesome Katie! Dan wants one of those so badly! I got my background from fabric.com. If you follow the link on my sister Laura's blog from mine...she has a link on the lower right hand side of her's. I got all my info from that girl! (I think her name is Mary Kate?)