Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tiny Dancer



Andrew is the best husband and took me to the Ballet I have been wanting to see-Cinderella! And he didn't even complain while we watched it-or after! The only rough part was Act I where someone near us had a BAD case of flatulance. We were fine and could breathe again after finding some new seats.
When I was little we had a VHS of part of the Cinderella ballet, but I never saw the whole thing-with the fantastic quality of VHS, it always gave out before the end. Last night I finally got to see the whole thing and I LOVED it. The music was great and the dancing was beautiful. It's amazing how graceful the human body can move. I'm sorry, but talk about amazing legs. The woman all had perfect long, muscular, lean legs. The boys, we won't talk about. They all had on fancy shirts , but seem to have forgotten their pants. Won't they be embarrassed when they see pictures of the performance and realize what they have done? Oh well, they are not my sons.
This is one of the best dates I have been on. I woke up this morning still so excited from seeing Cinderella and being there with Andrew.There is something about getting dressed up for a cultural event. You just feel so sophisticated. I have come to realize I love ballets-sorry Andrew! If anyone is ever in need of a friend to see a ballet with, I'm your gal!
Thank you to my sweet Andrew for taking me on the best date, and for making me so happy. He is the best husband and I'm so grateful he is mine forever. I love you Andrew!

7 comments:

Amy D said...

Way to go, Andrew! If you're anything like Clint, that was EXTREMELY difficult to sit through. Clint honestly can't sit for one second and watch men in tights act like girls. What a nice husband you have, Katie. As for me, I like a good ballet now and then (I agree, Katie, that it's fun to get dressed up and go "out on the town"). I'm glad you had fun!

Drew and Tarah said...

Wow! That is a good husband! He and Drew are SO much alike, but I really really can't see Drew sitting through a ballet without a complaint! Good Job Andrew!

Chelsey said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! Tim did the same thing for our first V-day together when we were dating. We even saw Cinderella too! (It must be one of their popular V-day ballets.) The only bummer was that there were two little kids sitting behind us. I guess their parents thought it would be a fun activity and the kids might enjoy it since it was a fairy tale??? Definitely not. They were very restless. Anyway, I still loved it! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed it too.

Branigan Knowlton said...

I shouldn't have eaten that taco bell before the ballet. Sorry, guys.

Julie Knowlton said...

Katie, I laughed so hard at this post. I can just picture you saying it all. And Andrew! You little rascal! You are such a great husband! Good for you.

Elissa said...

What a fun Valentines! I love going to ballets. katie it was so good to see you last Sunday. We need to get together for a girls night out.

The Donkey said...

I don't know you Andrew, but you sound like a nice guy. Excellent work on the date. However, I must say that you have established a bar that cannot be easily reached by the rest of us husbands.