My little sister and I decided to run a race for the Red Cross last week. Neither of us had run a race since High School, which was only last year for my little sister, but 8 years ago for me. We were just planning on running it for our work out, but Sarah decided to run fast and I couldn't let my little sister leave me completely in the dust . I kept up most of the way but she did beat me (by 18 seconds, yep she's amazing) . During the race I was kind of mad at her for making me run so fast. I pretty much wanted to die and felt like I would collapse at any moment. But when it was all over, I was so glad we ran faster than planned. Sarah dominated , and I am so proud of her. We were pretty excited with the results of the race. We came to have fun and we both ended up placing in our age groups! Sarah was 2nd place!! and I won 3rd place. We couldn't believe it. I don't mean to brag because I'm not amazing, the 2 ladies that beat me in the 25-35 age group beat by like 6-7 minutes. But we were pretty excited to place. Thank you to Sarah for pushing me to go faster and harder!! Andrew and I haven't had batteries in our camera for a few weeks, hence the lack of pics on our blog. But here are some, uh, beauteous pictures from the
runforred website. It's hard to look good when you feel like you are going to keel over and die. Here we are nearing the finish line.

11 comments:
Way to Go! I'm so proud of my sisters. You girls are awesome!
Yay Katie! You told me all about Sarah placing second, but not that YOU placed THIRD. That's amazing! Way to go! You're going to kick my butt in our online race!! I'm going running tomorrow!
Katie Way to GO!!!!
I am proud of you!!
Katie, that is awesome!! You have motivated me to be better.
Good for you.
Go Katie! That's awesome! I'm trying to run faster...I've always been more of a distance runner. Seeing you run took me back to the good ol days of La Jolla and Canterwood! I love ya Katie!
Good job! I'm so impressed! When are you guys coming out again next month? We're so excited to see you guys!
Katie, this is Emily Christensen (Natalie's sister-in-law). Thank you so much for the little gift. That was sooo nice of you. And congrats about dental school too. I think that you guys will love it in Virginia. We just found out a couple of weeks ago that Kyle got into USC, so we will be moving to California! We are really excited.
Good job on the race!
That's so awesome! Way to go, girls!!!
WOOHOO GO KATIE!! That is awesome. Check you out girly, you're rippin' it up. I'm way proud of ya!
-Mandy
Holy crap! Yer awesome!!
Hey guys,
I'm just checking in on you. How is everything? Things with Nate and I are great. We love being parents...finally! The adoption process has been so special. How are things going with that?
Love,
Jana Lever
Post a Comment