I set up this little activity I found on the
"Play at Home Mom" blog for Charlie. I thought he might like it for about 3 minutes. He LOVED it and it kept him entertained for about 30 minutes. The only thing that stopped him, was that he was hungry. This was a super easy activity to set up. All you need is some containers, a blanket, and some marbles, or beans or something to put in the containers. Then you set up some containers on either side of the blanket. Have some of them filled. Then I showed Charlie how to take one marble from one container to another on the other side of the blanket. We tried scooping with a spoon, but that was a little difficult for him. So he used his little fingers, and held the spoon the whole time. It was so cute to watch him do this and to take one marble at a time and walk back and forth. By the end he was just dumping marbles all over and laughing. I just sat by him and watched him and cheered him on the whole time. I did leave for a minute and he called me back and patted the blanket where he wanted me to sit. This was such a fun mothering experience for me. It was something so little, but it made Charlie so happy. I am so lucky to be home with him all the time.

 |
| Yes, he desperately needs a haircut again. |
 |
| Charlie went to the ENT, we may have tubes in and adenoids out soon. |
Charlie was SOOO good at the ENT. He always hates getting his ears checked, but we talked a lot about moving and holding still and ears while we were waiting for the Dr. I'd like to think my pep talk did something, but it's probably just Charlie being the awesome kid that he is. By the end of the appointment, the Dr. walked him out, holding his hand. It was so sweet. We won't know until next month if he needs tubes or not. I'll keep you posted, because I know you are dying to know.
Andrew had President's Day off, so we headed to the Children's Museum. I had never been to the down town one, and it was so cute. Charlie was loving the little farm area.
4 comments:
Charlie is so handsome!! I hope he doesn't need tubes :(
Katie that looks like so much fun. I'm glad that you did that activity with Charlie. I hope that his ears are okay. Poor little guy!
I love the activity idea. We might just have to try that one :)
Charlie looks like such a little man in the doctor's chair. What a doll!
He is such a cute boy. What a fun activity - I'll have to try that here!
Post a Comment