Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sick boy and rainy days

Every time we have visitors it seems to rain and every time we see our family Charlie gets sick. This week was no exception. Charlie had his first ear infection and spend a rough day at the doctor getting a suppository, a finger prick, his ears picked clean, and a shot. Not a fun day. It was TERRIBLE. Every time I soothed him from one traumatic event, the Nurse Practitioner said he needed something else even more traumatic. And then he had to go back the next day and get another finger prick.  He's on the mend now and is much happier than he has been all week.

Mt. Vernon


  And as always, we had a nice rainy day the only full day my parents were in town. So we spent the day at Best Buy and at home setting up a mission blog for my mom. We know how to show our visitors a good time. It was great just to be together for a little bit. Charlie loved playing with his Nana and Papa. Charlie and I did get to meet up with my mom at Mt. Vernon earlier this week. We had a great time-for the most part. Thanks for making the drive to see us.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Be sure to send out tthe address for their mission blog! And I'm glad he is feeling better. Poor kid.

Chelsey said...

Poor little Charlie! It is just so hard for babies to get sick...for both baby and Mom. I'm glad he is feeling better now!

Nate and Kim said...

I'm so glad that you guys were able to have a fun and quick visit. I wish that we could have been there too!

Emily said...

poor little guy. I hate when they have to do things like that! Ya I want to look at their mission blog too!