Monday, February 15, 2010

Do You Believe in Miracles?

We sure do! After over 3 and a half years of fasting, praying, surgery, testing, drugs, herbal remedies, fertility procedures... we are ecstatic to announce that we are having a baby!!! It has been a long, hard struggle to get to this blessing. The Lord took us to the 11th hour and we were a month away from doing the big IVF treatment. Then we were shown the greatest tender mercy of finding out we had a miracle baby on the way. We have so many friends and family members to thank for this miracle. Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts. We have felt so blessed to have had so much support during this time. We are still in shock that this has finally happened to us. I can't even explain how blessed we feel. I had another ultrasound this morning. It was the coolest thing in the world to see such a perfect little baby moving around like crazy and to know that it is growing inside of me and is ours! Baby Hutchison is due August 28th.
We have so many friends who have been or who are going through all the fertility struggles. Please know that you are in our prayers and I hope that our miracle will give you all hope and strengthen your testimony that the Lord has a plan for all of us. He loves and cares deeply for us all. How comforting it is to know that He is in charge. That knowledge helped give us the patience we needed to endure this trial. Now that I am pregnant, I would not change a thing about the past years. I have loved all of the time I was able to spend with Andrew and to travel together. I feel like we learned a lot, or at least I sure hope so. Give yourself a pat on the back if you finished this whole thing. Just know that the Hutchisons are pretty happy these days! And this is why:

Baby Hutchison waves "Hi"


40 comments:

Jessica and Tim said...

Katie, again, I am SO SO SO excited for you guys. The little baby looks just perfect. It couldn't have happened to two better people who have been such great examples to me. I'm so glad for you. I hope you have been feeling okay!!

Jackie said...

I love this. And you guys. :)

Amy & Scott said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! Thank you for the post and the encouraging words, it really does help to give strength and hope!!! We are genuinely thrilled for you both and are so happy for you!

Aly said...

I have been meaning to tell you guys CONGRATS!!! I am SO excited for you guys. You are going to rock as parents. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Drew and Tarah said...

Katie!!! Drew told me the good news last week and I about jumped through the roof! I am SOOOOOO excited for you!

You really will be amazing parents! Are you coming to visit anytime soon? Maybe for a "Babymoon"???

Karlee Turner said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you guys! You are one strong woman and I am so happy for you. Love ya!

Amy D said...

I've been waiting for this post!!! I can't express how thrilled I am for you and Andrew. I believe in miracles, and yours has certainly given me much hope. The Lord is truly in charge and He is there for us along the way; that's what I'm learning. That baby is so lucky to get to come to such amazing parents, and I know that he or she will be very, very loved. It makes me cry every time I think about what a struggle this has been for you guys, but what examples you have been to me of patience, faith, and positive attitudes. We love you guys and are so thrilled for you. Yea for Baby Hutchison!!!

Jeff and Heidi said...

Congrats again!! We are so excited for you! I love the first ultrasound pic- how cute!

Julie Knowlton said...

We are BEYOND excited for you two! When I heard the news I just couldn't hold back the tears. You guys are so deserving of this baby! What amazing parents you guys will be.

A thousand congratulations!!!

The Standrings said...

katie! so so happy for you! HUGE congrats!

Halfords said...

Katie! I am so happy for you!! I was beyond thrilled when I heard the news! You guys have been wonderful examples through your struggles! Love you!

Alicia said...

Yay yay yay yay yay! We love you guys!

The Miles Family said...

Oh hi baby Hutchison! I believe in miracles too! I can't wait to see that belly of yours grow bigger & bigger. :) We sure love you guys!

Unknown said...

Amazing amazing amazing! Sad we won't get to meet Baby Hutch but we are super excited for all the pictures!!!!!!

Emily said...

that is so wonderful! i'm so happy for you both!

Holly said...

Holy cow! That is the best news I've heard today, this week, heck, even this month! Congratulations. I can't wait to tell J, cause we all know he doesn't check blogs! :)

whitney said...

so freakin' happy for you guys!! it was fun to see your little pooch on skype the other day. :)

Elissa said...

Yea! We are so happy for you guys. You two will be the greatest parents. Congrats! We can't wait for you. Hope you are feeling good.

Nate and Kim said...

Whoo hoo for baby Hutchison. We are so happy,thrilled,elated,overjoyed for you guys! Tyler and Ella will be so happy to have there first cousin on the Clark side!

Eden said...

That is such happy and wonderful news...Congratulations!!! I believe in miracles too!

Andrea Hatch said...

Congratulations!!!! I LOVE the first ultrasound pic of your baby waving hello...I've never seen one like that! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet your little miracle in a few months. : )

The Fox Family said...

OH! Words cannot express how happy we are for you guys! It was sure an answer to our prayers too! I also love that we will get to be new mommies together! :) Isn't life a crazy thing. Ahh..what a good year, eh? We are so blessed. We also continue to pray for the many others who struggle. That time was so good for us but so difficult. I am so happy to finally be on the other end of it, and glad you are right next to me! ;)

Kim & Clay said...

This is the best thing in the world. I am so excited and happy for you two.

Brittany said...

We are so excited and happy for you! You are going to be amazing parents.

Sara said...

yay!!!! Even though I already knew, I had chills reading this post!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!! Tommy and I are always talking about what great parents you guys will be! Congrats!

Furniss Family said...

WHOOOHOOOOO!!! Josh told me just the other day and I seriously almost started crying I was so excited for you!! We had a hard time conceiving with Lincoln too, so I know how you feel. The 2nd time it was easy and fast, so I pray that will happen for you guys too. Good luck with the pregnancy and it will be so fun to see you prego and to have a cute little baby. I seriously can't wait to find out what you guys are having. Congrat's again, I am so glad your prayers were answered :)

Simper Family said...

Congrats!!! I was so excited and lost for words, just thrilled to the bone when I heard the news. The ultrasound pics look so perfect and cute. Cute... you ask, yes cute I love the little peanuts. We wish you both the best of luck and think the timing is perfect! We love you both.

Ashlee & Christian said...

I believe in miracles too and they are so sweet and tender especially when it comes to babies of your own! Congratulations! I am super excited. I have been waiting for this announcement since the day I met you! You have been in my prayers still even though I never get to see you at work anymore. How is work going by the way? You are awesome and deserve this miracle for all the heartache in the past!

Joy and Ted said...

Yes, I believe in miracles too! Hooray! I didn't know you had an ultrasound too. Little Hutch looks perfect. Can't wait to meet him/her in person. Love you guys!

The Howards said...

Katie!! (and Andrew of course) Congratulations! I'm so excited for you both. What an exciting adventure you have ahead of you! I can't wait until August!

Kirstina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you guys what a blessing, and what a patient and faithful couple you are. I have and always will look up to you as a great example Katie. Congrats again! You will be such a great mom! I look forward to the new... (second-cousin... the new Hutchison relative!!

Max Fam said...

You know how the Maxfields feel about all of this! Yippee~!! Just talked to Gloria Irion too while I've been out in Utah - fun!!!

Danielle and Brian said...

Congrats again! I cried reading this post because I am so happy for you guys! You have given me hope. You two are amazing people and I feel blessed to know you! I can't wait to see you grow and then meet Baby Hutch! I love that first ultrasound picture. I have many in person, but none quite like that! Adorable! You'll be in our prayers through this whole thing!

Jedda said...

Yipee! I am so thrilled for you! What a tender mercy. Take good care of yourself and each other :) What a lucky baby to come to YOUR home!

Lauren said...

Katie! I am so excited and happy for you guys! I hope you are feeling better and please please please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you!

Kadi said...

I am so happy for you guys!! This is Doug's sister...just so you know! I have been hoping and praying for you! Seriously, this is great. I hope you feel alright and that everything goes well! So wonderful!!! What a happy time!

Keith said...

Katie, we're so happy for you and Andrew. You'll be such an awesome mom:) Congratulations!

The Cowleys said...

Congrats! That is so awesome, I am really happy for you guys!

Trish said...

Congrats! I'm excited for you guys!

Dallings said...

Everytime I see you and that growing baby I smile. You two are going to be wonderful parents. We love you.