Except for this one. I love THIS scrub! And we love wearing scrubs! Welcome to our new life of basically wearing our pajamas everyday. One of us gets paid to do it, while the other one has taken out loans galore to wear them. This was the first day of actual class, for Andrew, and work for me, as a dental assistant. Andrew met his cadaver last week and got to open her up this week in all her guts and glory. I got up close and personal to strangers' mouths, sucking up blood, spit, teeth particles. We both got a little grossed out on day 1. But we're pro now after a week of this. Thank goodness for desensitization!! I NEVER would have considered doing this if Andrew weren't a dentist in training. I'm not sure if you realize what an accomplishment this is for me. I have always been really grossed out by teeth. So much that I would not pull my loose teeth out. I would basically let them fall out. I get queasy when little kids wiggle their teeth for me, but, I'm tough and it's been ok. It's been really cool for me to spend so much time with a dentist so that I will be able to understand what Andrew will be doing for years. I am so proud of Andrew! It took a lot of hard work to get into Dental School. I love seeing him come home all excited about the things he is learning. He will be a fantastic dentist. I love my scrub!
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
I don't want no scrub.
Except for this one. I love THIS scrub! And we love wearing scrubs! Welcome to our new life of basically wearing our pajamas everyday. One of us gets paid to do it, while the other one has taken out loans galore to wear them. This was the first day of actual class, for Andrew, and work for me, as a dental assistant. Andrew met his cadaver last week and got to open her up this week in all her guts and glory. I got up close and personal to strangers' mouths, sucking up blood, spit, teeth particles. We both got a little grossed out on day 1. But we're pro now after a week of this. Thank goodness for desensitization!! I NEVER would have considered doing this if Andrew weren't a dentist in training. I'm not sure if you realize what an accomplishment this is for me. I have always been really grossed out by teeth. So much that I would not pull my loose teeth out. I would basically let them fall out. I get queasy when little kids wiggle their teeth for me, but, I'm tough and it's been ok. It's been really cool for me to spend so much time with a dentist so that I will be able to understand what Andrew will be doing for years. I am so proud of Andrew! It took a lot of hard work to get into Dental School. I love seeing him come home all excited about the things he is learning. He will be a fantastic dentist. I love my scrub!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Love the pic. You two scrubs are so cute! Congrats on getting over the tooth phobia. Hopefully Keith and I will get to see you guys soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get to visit ya!
how fun! i think scrubs are the most comfy things ever! i still wear mine as jammies from when i worked in a nursing home. sounds like you guys are doing great!!
Thanks for coming over and watching the kids last night!! It was great to get out and enjoy some time alone with Britt (it's been a while). It was fun to hang out and chat too. Thanks again for everything. One more thing...do you guys know where the party is at? :)
i am so glad you found me! we are in the middle of that whole process, the application process i mean. so fun!
Katie I'm glad that you were able to get through all of the blood and spit. Like you said I don't think that I could do it. I love that you guys both have to wear scrubs. I had to laugh at your title "I don't want no scrubs". I haven't heard that song in forever.
You're so funny. I miss scrubs. That's all I wore when during my pregnancy with Emri so you'll be lucky when the time comes! :) So nice and comfy. Now I have to attempt to get ready for the day with some kind of outfit, but it ends up being pj's anyway. Maybe I should pull out scrubs for old times sake.
What a cute picture! You guys have so much fun together. And good for you for getting out of your comfort zone!
Hey Katie! You guys are cute what can I say. Sounds like your doing well and adjusting to your new life out there! I'm so glad that we have this whole blogging thing, so I feel like I'm still a part of your life :)
P.S. Yes I did finish Breaking Dawn...loved it. A little long, but still completely enjoyable.
I love the new background. So fun!
Katie I watched gymnastics the other night and thought of you. You are more than welcome to come over ANY time and watch tv...or just hang out. ( I know you are one busy girl.)
Yes, I hope you do come for scrapbooking tonight. Call me if you need any details. I tried calling you and I may have your number wrong. Hope to see you tonight!
(Sigh)...I miss the Hutchisons. I am so proud that you are a dental assistant! I bet you are a dynamite one at that.
Hooray for scrubs!
Love the picture! You two are a darling couple. We sure miss you guys.
I haven't looked at your blog in a long time. You two are so cute! It's so exciting that you're both in the same field now! You're a better person than I am, Katie. I'm not sure I would be willing to understand Andy's job at that level!
Post a Comment