Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Happy House Hunting

Andrew and I just returned from a fabulous stay in Virginia. It was gorgeous, so green and lush, and the weather was perfect. We stayed with Daniel for a day in DC and the Sanfords the rest of our stay. They were all great hosts/hostesses to us. We did have success in looking for housing, but still just need to figure out which of our 2 options will work best for us. We'll let you know when we find out which place we are taking. I loved seeing where we'll be living for the next 4 years of our lives. It will be a big change, but Andrew and I are both really excited for this new chapter. We didn't take too many pictures on our trip, unless you count all of the virtual tours of homes we made on our camera (very poor quality, but enough to help us remember what each place looks like). Here's a few.The lovely Canal Walk in downtown Richmond. It was pretty fun. And yes, I am in the picture.
Also part of the canal place, but this tunnel reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland (I didn't really capture it, but just trust me on this one-you have to look a little more to the left)

This pic needs a little more explaining. I am not a fan of little dogs, but the Sanfords dog, Ella, captured my heart in a way no little dog before ever has. We became fast friends and I couldn't leave the trip without a picture of my new best friend. She is so funny and has tons of energy. I'm excited to move out there so I can play with her again! Don't worry Tim and Chelsey, I really like Diesel too, but Ella really won me over with her crazy antics.

6 comments:

The Howards said...

Hey Katie...best wishes on your excited adventure. I got my background from one of my friends. If you come to my address and click on my friend Shelly Sommerfeldt's link, she has a blog she made exclusively for backgrounds. It's called shels scraps. Oh..you probably could just go to shelsscraps.blogspot.com and you can find it. She has really easy to follow instructions. Good luck and let me know if you can't find it. Let us know when you are moving for good! It's kind of exciting to move on!

Chelsey said...

Yea! I loved seeing your pics of your trip out here. Soon you'll have lots more of VA! Can't wait to hear about your housing decision. Oh, and I'm so glad that you love little Ella so much. She's such a character. Still keeps on getting stuck under the couch on a daily basis...but it always makes me laugh. Anyway, we're so glad you stayed with us and are so excited for when you make the big move out here.

Nate and Kim said...

Katie it looks beautiful out there. It does remind me of the green in Minnesota. It definitely looks like it will be a nice place to be for the next four years. I hope that all of the housing stuff is working out.

Nate said...

Katie, by the way that place reminds me a lot of Centennial Lakes. That will be nice to live by.

Amy D said...

How fun! I'm so jealous you get to spend four years in Virginia! I told Clint that I would love to live there way back when we were looking for jobs after law school. What a great place--so much to see and do all around you. We're so excited for you!

Marci*Jake said...

Hi Katie,
I am excited for you to come move out here. We love it. Good luck on figuring out where to live!