Sunday, January 26, 2014

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Slowly but surely folks, I will get caught up. In November we took a trip to Switzerland with our church group to go to the LDS temple, and to spend Thanksgiving together. We also took a tour of the Cailler Chocolate Factory. Cailler now also owns Nestle (or other way around?) Anyway, we learned the origins of chocolate in Europe-who knew it was so scandalous at first? And saw them make it, and most importantly, sampled a million different kinds of chocolate. Oh, yeah, it was also in the Swiss Alps.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!


Charlie learning the scary origins of chocolate

The world of cocoa


The dude behind us is real, and he's making chocolate.
Some of the delicious chocolates we got to sample

The sampling room-we probably spent too much time here;)
I was actually sick of chocolate by the time we left. I had to force myself to try a couple more delicious flavors. Now I would give about anything to go back!

Across the street from the factory. Can you see the Alps?


1 comment:

Libby said...

I love all your pictures and posts! I read every single one. Have a great day!