So I'm way behind, but about a month ago we took a little day trip to Venice. I still can't believe we can do that. We had a ton of fun. We took the train, which only took about an hour. The train station lets you out right in Venice, so the second you walk out Venice is there just smiling at you and waiting for you. I've heard mixed reviews on Venice, but we really loved it. It was fun getting lost in Venice. There are so many little back streets, oh yeah, and no cars! You just walk along the roads fancy free. The canals were really cool too. Someday we will take a gondola ride through them. You've got to do it once. I loved seeing the homes along the canals. I can't imagine living right on them. Front door opens right into the canal. You have to step right into your boat.
We ate pizza, gelato (a few times;), walked around. All in all it was a great day. We will return.
 |
| Fresh off the train. Welcome to Venice |
 |
| Canals and Charlie's photo protest expression |
 |
| Watching Gondolas go under the bridge |
 |
| Charlie's favorite part of the trip: Chasing pidgeons for an hour |
 |
| 2nd gelato stop |
 |
| Poor James was so tuckered out he fell asleep before we could face him backwards |
No comments:
Post a Comment