Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Life

Andrew's official Air Force photo
Whew, we made it through 5 weeks without Andrew. It was hard to be without my best friend for that long. We did get to talk everyday, but sometimes not for long. He was always tired, yet upbeat. They had to wake up at 4:30 everyday and didn't go to sleep until about 11. They did a lot of marching in the 110 degree weather. Good old Alabama. Here is more of what Charlie and I did while Andrew was gone...
Went to the Zoo with my sis and her kids
Met up with the Gibbons at Thanksgiving Point-so fun to see them.



Charlie and Will having fun together.

Surprisingly, Charlie LOVED touching the baby goats. He usually likes to just look and not touch animals.



My brother Carson came back from his mission (he was already released in Russia). Oh, and we missed him and had to get him curbside. Words can't express how bad we felt about that one. 

Hanging out with my old roomies, Sarah and Natalie. I love those girls-missed you Kelly.

Almost all my siblings, just missing Connor who was in Peru.

Celebrated my older bro's, Jeff's, b-day.

Went to the Dinosaur Museum with the Hutchisons. 

All the cute Hutchison cousins. They sure love each other.

Met up with another Virginia friend, Joy, in UT. Our little sisters served in the same mission together. We had a fun sisters reunion.

Charlie watching TV at Nana and Grandpa's house in style
We have made the last leg of our cross country journey, and finally made it to sunny California. We are not anywhere close to getting our house set up. Sorry, no pictures yet. (Wait, I do have some teaser pictures that were sent to us before we moved.) But it's coming along. We love our house. Charlie keeps talking about "New house". When we are out running errands he always says he wants to play in "backyard, new house". Yes, we have a backyard!! And it is amazing. We have orange and grapefruit trees (at least that's what we think they are), 3 palm trees, a fence, and plenty of room for Charlie to run around in. So we are happy campers that way.


  Andrew still has yet to see a patient. It will only have been 4 months since Andrew has done any dentistry when he sees his first real patient. It will all come back, right? Just kidding, I know it will. We miss all our VA friends like crazy. The vacation is definitely over and now the reality is setting in. Hopefully we can make friends. I did meet some nice girls at church, and even played indoor soccer tonight with one of them. And boy oh boy do I feel it already. It's only been about 6 years since I have played at all. I felt like Andrew out playing sports on a Wed. night. It's hard to start a new chapter, but it's only as good as you make it, right? Good things to come, but we will always cherish our Virginia years. 

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Andrew looks LEGIT! Very cool.

I'm so glad you were able to keep busy while he was gone. I'm so jealous you got to see Joy and Emily!

Pick an orange for me, por favor.

The Fox Family said...

I'm Fuming with jealously that Emily got to see you! We miss you and little Charlie so much! Your backyard looks AMAZING!

Joy and Ted said...

I loved this post...especially since it had our visit in it. :) It was SO good to see you and Charlie! I'm so glad you are back with Andrew and have a great set-up in Sunny Cali. Let's talk soon, k?! Love ya!

Natalie said...

So happy for you guys that you have Andrew back. Five weeks is a looong time!

It was so fun to see you and cute little Charlie. I'm so glad when our Utah trips match up! Just wished we lived a little closer so they could be buddies:) Hope you guys are doing well in CA. Good luck with the residency!