Ever since we finished our first year of dental school, we have been wanting to go on a graduation trip with friends. We followed through and had an amazing graduation trip to Mexico-without kids. We stayed for a week at an all inclusive resort in Cancun. We missed our kids, but we had so much fun together. It was sooo nice to have some time to be with Andrew and actually talk with him. And we also got to spend a ton of time with our best friends, it really was the best of both worlds. We all drank about 7 pina coladas a day-sin alcohol (without alcohol) , mmm they were so good. Get ready for a photo overload... I really limited them, I'll post more on Facebook.
Akumal Beach. This was a gorgeous beach that quickly became a favorite spot. We took a short taxi drive to get here.
 |
| The Ladies: Britt, Alicia, and me. (Shafers were still in VA) |
 |
| Looking super cool with our snorkel gear on. |
The resort had free bicycle rentals for an hour a day. We only took advantage of it once, and it was a scorching day. Don't feel too bad for us, we went swimming right afterwards!
 |
| Dinner with the gang |
Game Night! We had a few game nights. We played Nertz (?), and the Newlywed Game.
 |
| Larry the Lizard joined us for games. He also stayed in our room for 2 days. |
 |
| Spooning with Friends |
We took a tour to some ancient Mayan ruins-Ek Balam, and Chitzen Itza, then swam in a cenote (underground river). We were all really hot at Ek Balam and most of Chitzen Itza. Then it started raining off and on, then started pouring just in time for us to go swim in the cenote. We were soaked for the 2 hour drive back to our resort. The cenote was absolutely gorgeous, the pictures don't do it justice.
 |
| Ek Balam |
 |
| Chitzen Itza |
 |
| On the bus-only mildly wet at that point. |
 |
| All ready for the cenote. Yes, Alicia and I have the same swimsuits. It was kind of funny. |
 |
| Inside the cenote |
 |
| The guys jumping at the same time. Andrew kind of landed on Josh. Don't worry, I jumped too. |
On Friday we went to Xel-Ha. This was our favorite outing we did. It was so much fun. Great snorkeling, mangroves-so cool to snorkel in, cliff jumping, ziplines, hammocks, and as much food as we could possibly want. While snorkeling we saw lots of fish, a stingray, a sea turtle,and all the guys saw some Baracudas. The ladies were glad we did not go out on that snorkeling trip, but we had to go back to where the guys found them-from the safety of a bridge-and see if we could spot them. We didn't, but we did see a Sea Turtle. It was just a gorgeous place and lots of fun.
 |
| Coming back from trying to spot some Barracudas. |
Akumal Beach-we had to go back. It was too pretty not to see again.
This was one of the most fun trips we have ever taken. A HUGE thank you to Andrew's parents for watching Charlie the whole time. And thank you to Katie (Andrew's sister) for letting him stay at your house. I'm sure you did tons to help him too. Lastly, thank you to our amazing friends for coming on this trip. It wouldn't have been as fun without you!
2 comments:
I'm so jealous! What a trip! I think Russell and I should do the same thing. Just go on a huge vacation when he graduates.
Katie! Looks like so much fun! I'm so happy you still update your blog. I love seeing what you have been doing lately.
Post a Comment