Friday, December 02, 2011

Thanksgiving in Knoxville

We were so excited to be able to spend Thanksgiving with family. We met up with Andrew's sister, Katie, and her cute family at her in-law's home in Tennessee (sounds confusing, no?) We absolutely adore her in-laws and they feel like family. We were so grateful to be with family, and to have Charlie spend time with cousins! He is just a couple of weeks younger than Charlotte, but he loved following Duncan (3 year old) around better. Duncan was a good sport to put up with Charlie being his little puppy. Grace is just so sweet with the babies and took great care of them. Charlotte is just cute as can be and so content. She crawls all over but can actually enjoy sitting still in your lap. It was amazing to hold a child who actually holds still for more than half a second. Katie and Ricky are such a great couple and we had so much fun with them. I love talking to Katie, I hope I can be more like her someday;) It was nice to see Ricky a little bit more. We just get to see him a day here and there, since he's been in Med School and Residency.
We had so much fun playing games, chatting, eating, going to the Muppets movie, the Fantasy of Trees. We are big fans of Knoxville. We are so grateful for all of our many blessings, and feel like we have been blessed beyond measure. 


Our "Thankful Tree", my attempt at being crafty. Wish I would have put it up earlier in the month. It was nice to reflect on some of our blessings.

Charlie following Duncan


Watching the first Christmas movie of the year: Frosty

The Cousins Minus Duncan 
Fantasy of Trees: Charlie did NOT want to sit still


Charlie on the Carousal

Katie, Ricky, Grace, Duncan, and Charlotte



On another note, Charlie just had his 15 month check up today. He's had a cold for over a month (it would come and go, so I figured he was just catching new colds). Turns out he has an ear infection, and I'm afraid he's had it for a while. Mother of the Year Award will not be given to me. I feel so bad, but that could explain some crankiness. I did call the Dr's office earlier and they said it sounded like he just had a cold. I should have just taken him in. Oh well, live and learn.


Charlie's Stats:
Weight: 22 lbs 9 oz (25th%)

Height: 31 1/2 inches (50-75th%)

1 comment:

Nate and Kim said...

Cute pictures Katie! Would love to have a child like Charlotte of Grace. They sound adorable. You are not a bad mother either. It's happened to all of us at one time or another!