Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ah Cheese Curds!

Last week Andrew had a much needed break from school. We headed out to Wisconsin to be with some of the Hutchison clan. For a couple of the days, we went to this crazy place called Wisconsin Dells. It is a city full of indoor and outdoor water parks, among many quirky "Feed the Deer" , Ripley's Believe it or Not type places. The place we stayed was attached to an indoor water park. We had a blast on water slides like, The Jungle. (Except for Deb and Rich who had a little high speed collision that gave Rich a bloody nose, and Deb came up seeing stars). It was a grand adventure. We also loved staying with Katie and Ricky. They have the cutest little home, and were the best hostess/host around. We had delicious meals. Deb was a major contributor to that too. I ate my first pastrami sandwich, and my first taste of non-microwavable popcorn at least that I can remember). Ricky made it in what looked like a jack-in-the-box. Yes, I was very intrigued with it. And it was tasty. The one thing I wanted more than anything was to bring home some Wisconsin Cheese curds. I love my cheese, especially squeaky cheese. So I bought what looked like a delicious batch, and so cleverly left it in Katie and Ricky's fridge. Such is life. I hope at least some of the fam was able to enjoy that! Thanks everyone for the fun adventure!

Andrew and Deb (Andrew's mom)
Grace, Duncan, Andrew, and me

Grandpa playing with the grandkids

2 comments:

Katie Irion said...

Yup, we are awesome. LOVE having you out here. Can Andrew switch schools? We need another Nanu and Tatie fix.

Nate and Kim said...

Looks like a fun trip. Too bad that you left the cheese curds. Those sound really good but I think they need to be deep fried and served up at the State Fair for the real experience.