Sunday, January 06, 2008

Iguazu Falls

For our last adventure in Argentina, Andrew and I went to Iguazu Falls. They were absolutely breath-taking. This was one of the most beautiful places either of us had seen. It's in the middle of the jungle right in between Brazil and Argentina. Absolutely amazing. If you are ever in Argentina or Brazil they are a must see. I had 2 songs in my head the whole time, "Welcome to the Jungle" and a song from the movie "The Mission", which I haven't seen since 7th grade social studies. Go figure! Our first glimpse of the falls.




We went on a river tour that took us right under part of the falls you see on the left, yes the huge one. It was a blast. Good thing the ponchos buttoned up. The water went right through.


We took another boat tour. It was more relaxing and just what we needed after a long day of walking. We saw some alligator type things called Caimen. It was neat until one started growling at us. Yikes! We did get pretty sunburned at the end of the day. The nice driver had pity on me after seeing my lobster arms and face and told Andrew to give the lady his hat. I look like an old lady, but the hat was just what I needed!

11 comments:

Amy D said...

Parker would DIE if he knew you saw caimans! Those are his favorite animal! Did you take any pictures you could show him? He would be thrilled. What an amazing adventure you guys had! Wish we could have come with you...

Drew and Tarah said...

Wow, world travelers...! This looks like so much fun! Jealous!

Des said...

Now you can see why Phil is obsessed with Iguazu! I am so glad you guys got to go! I keep telling myself that someday Phil and I will get there...someday!

emily mcd said...

So I found your blog through Ricky and Katie's . . . a little stalker-ish, I know! I was so glad to hear (from Katie I.) that you were going to Iguazu Falls! WOW, aren't they SO INCREDIBLE?!? When we went I was totally expecting to see a crocodile/alligator/caiman. We saw nothing, and I was a little relieved. :) I can't believe the thing growled at you! I think I would have wet myself! And by the way, you look darling in that hat!

Phil said...

I'm glad you both got to finally see a part of THE BEST mission in the world. Take that Hutch!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, that place is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm in awe! That's going on my list of places to see before I die. :)

Karlee Turner said...

Katie!! How was Argentina? It looks fabulous! Iguazu Falls is definitely a place I want to go...hopefully we'll get there someday (that's where Travis served his mission)! Well I hope your doing well. We need to talk and get together....I miss you!

Mandy said...

OH MY GOODNESS how beautiful is that!!! Looks like it was wonderful. Congratulations by way in getting into Dental school.

Julie Knowlton said...

Fine. You guys win for the Best Christmas Vacation. That looks like it was such an amazing experience. We have missed you guys lately!

P.S. My new mission is to find the best song ever that has the name "Katie" in it.

Karlee Turner said...

Ok so my cousin's friend has free blog backgrounds. Her blog is cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com. All you have to do is insert the web address that is under the background you want into the appropriate space in your HTML. She tells you exactly where on her site. Its super easy and you don't lose anything off your blog!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Hey Hutchison's! We found you guys through other blogs - hope you don't mind! That is so awesome that you got to go to Argentina again! Spencer is so jealous and has always wanted to see the Iguazu Falls. We loved all of your pictures. We're glad you guys are doing well!!

-Cantrell's