Yes, I've been tagged again, but it's a different than the last one. So why not, I put it off for a while because it takes a lot of thinking to come up with 6 things that most people don't know about me. Here goes nothing.
1. I love Fall. I love everything about it, like the crisp air, the changing colors, the wardrobe- everything. I especially love crunching in the fall leaves, but I'd rather dance and kick them all over and look like Gene Kelly in "Singing in the Rain", like some crazy lunatic. It's more fun that way. One time I saw this HUGE pile of leaves, and it just called to me. It looked like a love sac that was waiting to be jumped in. So I went running full speed and jumped (body-slam style) on my back, then my brain lapse ended abruptly as I landed on the hard cement. Leaves aren't very padded, surprised? What was I thinking?!! This leads to #2.
2. I often say or do things without thinking. Sometimes the filter just flies right out of my brain and I'll do or say the darndest things. For example: I was being introduced to our neighbor's daughter. They are the nicest family in the world! She was telling us about her brother who just moved in with his girlfriend, and I pop in with my ingenious comment, "I heard that you are more likely to get divorced when you live together first". Andrew was probably ready to disown me, hey I was ready to disown myself!! Then I just pretend I didn't say something so stupid, yet go home and stew about it for weeks. It's horrible, but once I start saying something I just can't stop it!! This often happens when I don't know what to say to someone I don't know that well yet. Good first impressions, it's what I do best!!
3. After 11:00 pm, I TOTALLY shut down. On rare occasions I can last longer, but I get to a point where I am done with they day. It comes fast and furious. I'll be fine one second and the next Andrew will practically have to carry me to bed, or I'm so cranky and can't think straight.
4. I walk, or stand like Mr. Burns (as Andrew tells me. I think it also looks like a meercat) with my arms tucked in and my hands pointed down. The worst part about this is, my mom has always done this and I would make fun of her relentlessly, and now I do it. We really do turn into our parents, at least my mom is a good lady! I still give her a hard time time even though I now have started doing it. It's surprisingly comfortable, give it a try!! Andrew just informed me that I do this the most at my parents house. I guess it's contagious. If you start hanging out with me too much you might get the Mr. Burns curse too! Any day now, I expect Andrew will start it up.
5. I have what I call, "Soul Songs". These are the songs that speak to my soul, they put me in the best mood and pump me up. I can't even describe what they do to me. It all sounds so cheesy. These are songs that when I randomly hear them on the radio I have to sing at the top of my lungs and I get giddy as a school girl. Many of them are linked to good times in my life and are sentimental to me. Let me give you a few of my soul songs. Phil Collins, Can't Stop Loving You; Toad the Wet Sprocket, Walk on the Ocean; Ain't no Mountain High Enough (sorry I don't even know who sings it, but you all know the song. It was on Remember the Titans); Collective Soul, The World I Know; Foo Fighters, Walking After You; Simon and Garfunkel, Cecilia; Sixpence the Richer, Don't Dream It's Over. There are tons more, but that gives you a taste of some of the random songs that I love.
6. My secret is out. When I watch I movie by myself, I almost always cry in at least one scene. I can find at least one thing to cry about. I cried in Harriet the spy when they spilled paint all over her. Those girls were so mean to her! And most embarrassing, I cried while watching a Sheraton Hotel commercial- you know the one with the "We Belong" song in it. Can you believe what a baby I am?
I tag Holly, Chelsea, Elissa, Ashley, Des and Kristan. Tag, you're it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
thanks a lot burns! i'm not too interesting, so give me a few days!
Hi! You're so funny! I love tags...you always learn so much about a person. :) Anyway, we are excited to hear some dental school results this week. We just can't wait to officially hear that you are joining us out here in VA!
Katie, the love that filled my heart when I read that was astounding! I love everything about Katie H.
Okay, shows how little I know, I totally don't remember you standing like Mr. Burns, but it makes me laugh, becuase I know exactly what it would look like! And I love your powersongs, I still know all the words to Dolly Parton's 9-5!
Post a Comment