Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Infirmary

Tyler, me, and Kim. All stitched up, or rather taped up and doped up on Percocet.

It has been a week full of hospital visits for my family. My sister, Kim, welcomed the first baby on my side of the family via emergency C-section. She gave birth to the cutest little boy, Tyler, who was 7 lbs 15 oz. and 19.5 inches. I had some laproscopic (?) surgery 2 days later. My sweet mother took care of both of us. She made us meals, took us to the hospital. My mom picked me up yesterday and took me to Kim's house where all the sickies slept under the same roof. We were great company for my mom as we slept for most of the time. I pretty much did nothing but sleep like a slug ALL weekend. Andrew has been so sweet to me and I am grateful to have the best husband who takes such great care of me. He has had to do everything for me and always made sure I was comfortable. And a big thank you to Deb, Katie, and Stewart who helped me out tons and even gave up the couch for me!

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

What a cute baby! I hope that you are recovering well from your surgery...what a good excuse to spend some time skipping out on work and relaxing! ;) Only one more month until you hear about dental school! We're excited to hear the results! Remember to let us know asap if you are joining us in VA.

Elissa said...

He is so cute! Congratulations to Kim and Nate. He is beautiful! Katie, I had no idea that you were getting surgery. what a friend I am. i am so sorry. I hope you are feeling good, you look great. i miss you! We need to hang out.

Des said...

Hope all went well for you! I could use some percacet myself! :)

Julie Knowlton said...

Katie, I was going to call you after I heard about your surgery, but I am stupid, and I didn't. I just didn't know if you wanted anyone to know about it. Anyway, I love your guts.