Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Will You be Happy?

11 years ago, my AP European History teacher asked us a question on our last day of high school, "Will you be happy in 10 years?" We went around the room and shared our answers. I remember being shocked at the number of people who guessed they would not be. As I look at those peoples' lives now, I don't see true happiness. I had no doubt I would be happy. I was thinking about that question a few days ago. Life has not gone exactly as I planned it, but it has turned out better than I could have dreamed of. I can honestly say that I am happy. It makes me so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ, to know why we are here and where we will be going. In the end I really think you are only as happy as you decide to be. (But how can you not be happy when you have these two in your life?)

Daniellehonephotography.squarespace.com

2 comments:

Hksedwick said...

Katie, I really like that! I think it is a good thing to think about now and in the future. Thanks for the post

Dallings said...

I am surprised people said say no. That is really sad. That was a sweet post.