We were so excited for the great weather yesterday. It was some much needed sunshine. Andrew decided it was time to plant the garden. Andrew, Stewart, and I picked out our seeds, mulch, and fertilizer. The boys did a great job of preparing the soil and got everything ready. It was some tough manual labor. I got the easy jobs of raking wood chips and leaves. I'm okay with that, no complaints. We only planted the carrots and peas, everything else has to wait a few weeks. We are like excited little kids who were given a Dixie cup with a little plant in it to take care of. This is how we feel about our garden. We can't wait to see it grow. We'll see if we still like it when it's time to weed.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
My Little Farmers
We were so excited for the great weather yesterday. It was some much needed sunshine. Andrew decided it was time to plant the garden. Andrew, Stewart, and I picked out our seeds, mulch, and fertilizer. The boys did a great job of preparing the soil and got everything ready. It was some tough manual labor. I got the easy jobs of raking wood chips and leaves. I'm okay with that, no complaints. We only planted the carrots and peas, everything else has to wait a few weeks. We are like excited little kids who were given a Dixie cup with a little plant in it to take care of. This is how we feel about our garden. We can't wait to see it grow. We'll see if we still like it when it's time to weed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How fun! We planted a garden today too. I wish we had as much space as you do! I feel the same way as you, though. It's such an exciting thing to have your own garden. Good for you guys!
Why is your grass so green?! Ours looks like it was burnt or something. Actually, we do have a green spot in the middle of our lawn that is shaped like Australia. Branigan thinks it is fate.
Post a Comment